Well, 2011 saw the end, more or less, to my previous music blog, Houston Ramblings. I decided to make some effort to keeping this blog a going concern and found very little time (or inspiration) for any additional blogging. As such, I no longer have an outlet for the usual year-end lists, and I hope you'll indulge me a bit for sharing a few of my favorite musical highlights from the past year. I've got some detailed notes typed up for each of these albums, but for now I thought you might enjoy a quick rundown of my 2011 Favorite Albums.
- Joe Henry – Reverie
- Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter – Marble Son
- Over The Rhine – The Long Surrender (technically a very late 2010 release)
- Sam Phillips – Cameras In The Sky (from her subscriber-only digital project The Long Play)
- Gillian Welch – The Harrow & The Harvest
- Wilco – The Whole Love
- The Decemberists – The King Is Dead
- The Black Keys – El Camino
- Hugh Laurie – Let Them Talk
- Hayes Carll – KMAG YOYO (& Other American Stories)
Whew! Feels good to get that off my chest.